- I had found a sage once and had the items, but just like you, the fool wrecked my Items. Inara
- Looks to me they are more likely sausages than sage. -- Gsklee 22:22, 31 January 2007 (CET)
- I found one who wanted a Thief Hand and a Bear Hide, and since I had them, he used them to create Ucdauh's Crown of Pain (+1 to prestige). I'm pretty sure I still had the items when he was done. --Anaris 22:47, 11 March 2007 (CET)
My adventurer has met a sage 3 times offering to create an item when I had the required items. Of those 3 times, 2 of them were successful. -Esorp
Quesses from --M2rt 13:21, 31 May 2007 (CEST)
Well sage. The magic creature has created 2 items for my adventurer.
I have been watching the actions of sage. And found of this:
Sage appears at the exact moment you gain a hour. And he stays until you gain another hour.
You gain hour around the server time ~ xx:30
Sage offers you to craft an unique item only when you have atleast 6 hours.
Appearing of sage is random. You never know the hour he appears.
These are my guesses around sage, It would be nice to get confirmation from Tom.
--M2rt 13:21, 31 May 2007 (CEST)
- Sage definitely doesn't appear for just minutes. BM isn't that kind of "be online at the exact right moment" game. Since database updates for adventurer-related code happen on the hour, he may become available on the hour, but he will hang around for quite a while after that. That means many hours, if not days. --Tom 14:33, 31 May 2007 (CEST)
- Well for me it has happened for only hour.and once for 2 hours a row. But I believe you are the coder so you know best. but what about that 6 hour thing? Do I have to have 6 hours to get a choice to craft unique item? --M2rt 17:08, 31 May 2007 (CEST)
- Not all sages will offer you the option of creating an item. Some sages can only repair items. It's not related to the number of hours you have. (Or, at least not solely determined by that. I'll try and keep better watch on when I get offered what.) --Indirik 20:51, 31 May 2007 (CEST)
- Well I got my 2 items built when had more then 6 hours. it takes an hour to get an item. AND once I got sage for 2 hours to stay. I had 5 hours and sage offered me nothing. hour went on and I recieved another hour. And then the same sage offered me to build item. then all the times I have got less then 6 hours I got no opportunity to craft items.only repair. And all the times I got opportunity to craft items I had atleast 6 hours.. It MAY be coincidence. But it may not. Thatswhy I started this discussion. To get to the truth. --M2rt 13:29, 1 June 2007 (CEST)
- For a very long time i havent had the option to create an item. And unless its just pure luck and/or coincidence i have always and only ever had it when i had an item already in my possesion (which i was repairing) For a couple of weeks now i have been waiting for another option to create an item, but i havent had a single one. --Du Blois Family 11:20, 19 May 2009 (UTC)