By sending and receiving messages you can communicate with the players and characters in the game. The system is used as described below.
By clicking on the Messages link, you will be directed a page allowing you to select message recipients, read received messages in bulk, search for specific messages, manage your contact/ignore list, ICly protest a government official, or OOCly report a player for abuses.
The main section of the page concerns itself with choosing a recipient for your message. Clicking the link next to each recipient(s) option will immediately take you to the message composition page unless you've selected 'some' in which case you will be presented a list of nobles within that category to select as recipients before being taken to the composition page. The recipient options available to you depend upon your placement within the realm hierarchy, message group membership, and rank within guilds, secret societies, and religions.
These relate to your place in the feudal hierarchy as determined by your estate's location.
- Your liege
- All or Some nobles of your liege
- Your Duke
- All or Some nobles of your duchy
- Realm Council (all of the above)
- All or Some nobles of your realm
These are message groups as created by your realm's ruler. Public groups should be visible to all whilst private groups are only visible if you're a member of the message group.
- Message Group Name (public group)
- Message Group Name (private group)
Current Region (Region Name)
- Region Lord
- Everyone in the region (includes adventurers)
- All nobles in the region
- All allied nobles in the region
- All realmmates in the region
These will be your realmmates and anyone else you've received or sent a message to within a certain timeframe. Basically, it should consist of everyone on your Contacts list. Selecting this recipient option will take you to a list of these contacts to select before composing your message to them.
- One of your contacts
These include guilds, secret societies, and religions. Aspirants are not given the option to message some members, but are only given the everyone in guild/secret society/religion. They do still have an ability to message full members, elders, and priests separately.
- All or Some in 'guild/secret society name'
- All full members of 'guild/secret society name'
- All elders of 'guild/secret society name'
- All or Some members of 'religion name'
- All full members of 'religion name'
- All priests of 'religion name'
- All elders of 'religion name'
On the right side of the Send Messages options there are a series of other IC and OOC links available. Only Dwilight has the 'Report an SMA Violation' option listed.
- Manage Contacts and Ignore lists - Loads a page allowing you to view, message, ignore, or delete your contacts or send your contact details to another contact so they may message each other. Also allows you to view, add, or remove ignored characters.
- Post a protest message - Lodge an in-character protest against a character in the realm council.
- Report an SMA Violation - if someone is violating the Serious Medieval Atmosphere.
- Contact the Titans - send complaints about another player's cheating to a private council of rule enforcers.
- Contact the Magistrate - send complaints about another player's violations of the Inalienable Rights or Social Contract to a public group of judges on the forum.
Below the above Options, are a series of links to load your sent and received messages in bulk.
- Sent Messages
- All your received messages
- All your received messages from yesterday (according to BM's server time, not turn time)
- All your received messages from today (according to BM's server time, not turn time)
- All your received messages from your choice of days ago (defaulted to 7)
The third section to the right, below Read Messages, are several methods for searching your messages, each of which can be used in combination with the others to refine your search.
- Search for message sender - a dropdown of names
- Search for message recipient - a text input
- Search for text in message - a text input
- Search by date of message - two dropdowns for beginning and ending date range
- Option to search in your received messages, sent messages, or both