User talk:Van Peteghem
Last update: Van Peteghem 21:47, 7 July 2006 (CEST)
- The second one is not to be used anymore, if you start from the EIDA page you'll end up with the first one.Van Peteghem 11:56, 18 November 2006 (CET)
The Fronen Commentator
Haha... Well, I didn't come up with it. But now that I think of it, makes us original, doesn't it? ;) -Chénier 21:00, 3 December 2006 (CET)
Well, the others did most of the work, when it comes to naming, the banners, and starting it up. Who'd I be to tell 'em to change. Besides, we have the Face of Fronen. ;) -Chénier 22:36, 3 December 2006 (CET)
No problem, just trying to help out. The spelling/grammar sucks in some parts. Just wondering, how does my editing complicate things? --V2Blast 20:05, 26 December 2006 (CET)
- Oh, okay then. No problem. --V2Blast 20:11, 26 December 2006 (CET)
Another editor would be welcome. I thought it would be cool to make a newspaper that is psuedo-in-character, written mostly by NPC, scribes, merchants, soldiers and lesser nobles that is covering the invasion (and maybe hard facts). There are so many newspapers that cover realm politics and propaganda, and all of them are written by nobles, so I wanted to make one that was different. So, if you've ever wanted to ignore your realm affiliations and just write what's going on, feel free to add whatever you'd like. AlexTurner 18:56, 4 January 2007 (CET)
Realm Location Picture
It was really a pain in the butt to do, but what I did was took an existing one (I used Falasan's) copied and pasted it into Paint, and greyed-in their regions. I also copied and pasted the political map into the paint file, and downsized it so the pixel counts were equal. From there, I zoomed in on the poli-map, cut out the section I wanted (I did it in three smaller sections), and aligned it by the coastlines to where it would be on the grey one. Once it was aligned, I re-colored the regions red, saved it as a JPG file, and uploaded it. I suppose you could do the regions free-handed and not worry about the poli-map, but I'm not that good of an artist. -- Filador 15:16, 7 January 2007 (EST)
Thank you for the speedy reply to my request. Hopefully it won't take too long. I see you've taken interest in updating the Darkan pages too! Maybe we could work it out together. Stabbing priests? Quite the shame. Jezralhm 11:56, 28 January 2007 (CET)
- Right now, I'm just looking through the records and trying to make the Darka page more readable. In addition, just finished updating the local lords of the regions. Can't believe the dishonored Yeti was still listed as a Local Lord! Not to mention, the Duchy/Region list completely forgot about Atamara/Tertul. That's it. I haven't been around long enough to know all the history of Darka, so I can organize and write, but don't know the whole truth. :P Jezralhm 12:03, 28 January 2007 (CET)
- Any idea who's blade it was? I'm guessing Finegus considering AJ's locked. How many infiltrators do they do anyway? Jezralhm 12:07, 28 January 2007 (CET)
- The culprit was not identified, all I can say is that it was probably a goat =)...
- Sabotage! Guards in Meldeen have captured AJ, an infiltrator working for RedSpan while he was sneaking around the camp of Hashim (Knight of Chohua) conspiciously, with a poisoned dagger under his cloak. He was where you were, and was probably readying his dagger for a second stab this day. My guess was, AJ struck you. Oh, AJ's in Lavigna's cell. Only time will tell his fate. Jezralhm 15:22, 28 January 2007 (CET)
Certainly, I did become general of Itorunt, after all. I know exactly who went after you... :)
Doesn't matter much now though, the war is over and my general died anyway... bugger. --The1exile 23:53, 31 January 2007 (CET)
- Well, at the time he was judge or banker or something of a realm we were at war with. Assassinations are to be expected. --The1exile 17:19, 1 February 2007 (CET)
A thumbs up and good job for the categorizing on those paper's who put the Category of Newspapers in their issues.
- Thanks, but I'm not done yet... The Ash Sea Chronicle still needs to get its 17 issues out of all Categories, and there are also still a lot of Issues under the Category Island News...
You sure about your facts? Because for one thing, if MdP was in Eno then why the heck is there an RC in Fioirbalt called "Mighty Archers of MdP"? --The1exile 16:46, 12 February 2007 (CET)
Goodness! The faith is spreading too fast for my hand to write! This old parchment has had so many additions I wonder how think-skinned this pig was! (OOC: New TEMPLES! =D however my "tonight" has already started - Sydney time - won't get a chance til this time tomorrow -- Valentines Day!) --Jezralhm 11:10, 13 February 2007 (CET)
- Thanks for the edit (regarding shrine/shack); I was going to do it but couldn't be bothered (realized after reading a religion spread!) I'm off now - preparing for a new day of school (sigh). =D --Jezralhm 11:10, 13 February 2007 (CET)
Better to ask the discussion list - it's unlikely you will get an answer from anyone with real knowledge on the subject here.
I know that ages back when religions were first implemented our founder paused, unpaused and got millions of bugs saying he was preaching without a religion, but I don't know what's intended to happen - it might be that your char gets removed and changed to knight class. --The1exile 13:17, 15 February 2007 (CET)
Thank you for your concern, but I am perfectly aware of the purpose of redirects. However, when all the former links to those pages have been changed to the appropriate subpage (by myself) then there is no longer any need for the redirect. They were created as a by-product of the Samuel moving the full pages to the appropriate subpage, and since no other page except his central page linked to it, I felt it appropriate to disable to redirects, in the expectation that Samuel would request them to be deleted. I may be wrong, of course, but I did as I felt right to help a newcomer to wiki syntax.--RubyDragon 05:28, 21 May 2007 (CEST)
- Addendum--there is a point to breaking the redirect and changing the link if you expect the redirect page to be deleted. No point in burdening the wiki with more pages than it requires. --RubyDragon 05:31, 21 May 2007 (CEST)
I'll send you the same message I sent the last person who recommended the subpage issue. I hope it explains what I've done. (In short, I DO have a subpage - it redirects).
Yeah - I understand the style guide. I also despise article names with strings of text in it - I think it looks ridiculous. In other words, if I'm on wikipedia, and I'm looking for an article on the bronx, I really don't want to go to an article named, United States/New York State/New York City/The Bronx... I'd rather see the article name be what the object in the article really is. None the less, I understand the need for wiki formatting for the purposes of the Battlemaster wiki, and if you've noticed, my character pages ARE at the appropriate sub page lists. For example, if you go to Arylon Family/Fisc it bounces you to the article on my character Fisc. Yes - the article isn't ACTUALLY at the subpage, but the subpage bounces you to the page I wrote on him that has the actual title of his name on it - thus anything that points at the subpage (like being on battlemaster and following the "character page" link) will still function and point at the correct destination.
I'm not attempting to flaunt the style guide, I'm attempting to actually make my articles look better by having less confusing topics, while at the same time making certain that the style guide is satisfied by having the subpages function just as they would if the article was actually located there. I don't see why that is anything resembling a problem - it makes sure the wikis are just as organized and usable, and it makes the articles themselves much cleaner to read.
If it remains some massive problem for whatever reason, then I can do the reverse and have the name redirect to the subpage, but I don't see what the difference is. Arylon 22:06, 2 July 2007 (CEST)
Do you still have it, and if so why didn't it show you having it in the last battle in Heen? Do only some unique items work? Or is it just that it wasn't against the Daimons? Seems weird to me! --Crazylozda 15:13, 13 July 2007 (CEST)
Did this ever go IC? If it did, I'd like to have it linked from Beluaterra. If not, I'd like to either delete it or move it to a subpage of your wiki userpage. --Ethan Lee Vita (Talk), Editor and Community Manager 23:27, 19 February 2010 (UTC)