Militia can be created by "abandon"ing your unit in the region of your choice. Note that you do NOT choose to "disband" your unit. There is a specific option there to setup your unit as militia. This option is not available for new players. I am unaware of the specific requirement before the option is presented (I suspect it is measured in days in the realm).--Slaadslayer 08:18, 7 August 2008 (CEST)
- Have added something to the page to reflect that, since something is better than nothing, otherwise it'll confuse new players about why the option doesn't exist. I'll try to keep an eye on my other new knight to see whether it's a days-in-realm thing or an honour thing that affects his ability to set militia; the first knight gained the option only recently and it could have been an extra day (probably the 25th day) or an extra few points of honour from a recent battle. Psymann 11:37, 8 August 2011 (CEST)
- My first character couldn't drop his troops after 20 days, but could drop them after 26 days. Those were infantry on Atamara, and were the ones he started with. At 20 days, he had 12 honour, and at 26 days, he had 15 honour, so it may have been a 13-15 honour requirement. My second character couldn't drop his troops at all in the first 26 days, which would appear to rule out 'time in realm' as the factor. Those were mixed infantry in the Colonies, and were new troops, him having abandoned his old ones. At 26 days, he still had 12 honour, so that would fit with it being an honour requirement, unless it is a number-of-turns requirement and therefore 26 days in the Colonies is only 13 turns Psymann 09:35, 21 August 2011 (CEST)
- Just gained 5 honour all at once and went from 13-18. The option appeared immediately after. So I'm pretty sure it's an honour requirement, and must be more than 13 and less than 16 honour required. Psymann 09:25, 31 August 2011 (CEST)
- Nope. It's more complicated than that. My char has 16 Honour, has been in the realm for 7 days and the option to setup militia does not yet appear. --Calvin November t/c on 23:17, 16 December 2014 (CET)
Is there any advantage-disadvantage to having militia apart from defending the region and hindering adventurers when they search for goods? Does it decrease region independance movements or increase loyalty?
We should also have approximative upkeep for militia. Does their upkeep depends on number, equipment and training or only their number?--Castillo 06:47, 28 August 2008 (CEST)
- I'm fairly certain that the cost of militia is the same that a noble would have to pay to lead them. --Indirik 15:29, 28 August 2008 (CEST)