1. Can you change main class while maintaining your subclass? If you are a W/H, can you become a C/H with a single change? Or does changing your main class reset your subclass?
2. Can Heros change their main class while keeping their Hero status?
3. Will the Priest/Hero and Priest/Cavalier combinations make any sort of sense? A Hero that can't lead men into battle?
Egamma 23:47, 25 January 2009 (CET)
- 1.No idea. I'd imagine it if the sub-class works with the other main class you could.
- 2.No. A hero must be a warrior main class.
- 3. I believe hero and cavalier are restricted to the warrior main class, at least my priest did not have those options.--Athins 04:04, 26 January 2009 (CET)
- I can tell you right now that my courtier has the option to choose hero and cav.. though cav is unavailable (probably) due to lack of h/p. when you say you don't have those options, do you mean it tells you it's not yet available to you, or the line isn't even there? afaik, they should be there when everything is done.--Fodder 04:58, 26 January 2009 (CET)
- I'll have to wait until my priest has the change class option again to see.--Athins 17:59, 26 January 2009 (CET)
- My priest had all option available. I'm now a Priest/Diplomat (anyone know if they actually have abilities yet?), and hero, cavalier, and trader were all available, with the rest. -Chénier 02:41, 27 January 2009 (CET)
General Information From A Developer
To the best of my knowledge...
- Currently, the only parts that are fully implemented are:
- Warrior Mainclass, either alone or with Hero or Cavalier subclass (Trader subclass may be partially implemented; Infiltrator subclass is partially implemented)
- Courtier Mainclass, either alone or with Trader subclass
- Priest Mainclass, alone
- Adventurer Mainclass
- Tom has not yet made clear what the plan is for the other combinations, particularly the Hero and Cavalier subclasses with a non-Warrior mainclass
- It is likely that all three noble mainclasses will have access to all 4 noble subclasses; what the abilities each combination will have are not yet known
- The restrictions that were in place on becoming one class or another (honour, prestige, time in realm, etc) are still there, so you might not have access to all the main or subclasses at any given time
-- Anaris 18:23, 27 January 2009 (CET)
Can you link Enhanced Diplomacy to a page please? I want to read about it but cannot find it anywhere.
- There isn't one yet. No info on this has been added to the wiki, and I don't think any of it is implemented. You can probably find lots of info about it on the Discussion List. Thread titles:
- "Better Diplomacy" - http://news.battlemaster.org/pipermail/discuss/2008-December/035701.html
- "Better Diplomacy, Part 2" - http://news.battlemaster.org/pipermail/discuss/2008-December/035899.html
- "Improved Diplomacy, part 3" - http://news.battlemaster.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-January/035968.html
- --Indirik 14:41, 27 January 2009 (CET)
Okay...Given that we're in final testing before this system goes active, we /really/ need the Enhanced Diplomacy page up. I know what was discussed, but no idea of what made it into the final version, so I can't see if anything might be missing or the like. Shwartzring 21:11, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
this page should really be merged with Talk:New_Class_System, seeing as the main articles are now the same thing
- The New Class System should only be a redirect to this page. I'll fix it. --Indirik 20:46, 27 January 2009 (CET)
I don't understand the Mentor system. Ok, I worded that wrong. I understand how it works... you apply for a mentor, become a student, etc etc... but it is all message based. I clicked it and was contacted 24 hours later by someone whom I can only assume is a mentor but I ignored them because they weren't very helpful nor did they seem to desire to be that helpful. I feel like a dork asking but can we find a better way to do this? Either that or mentors need to know that they need to go out of their way to help people otherwise maybe they shouldn't be mentors? Sorry if I sound rude, I am just stating the obvious. Being a mentor should be more than just a title and right now that is all it looks like to me. Fieraas 15:06, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- First, I'm sorry that your initial foray into BattleMaster wasn't all that pleasant. When it comes time to graduate from being a student, then remember which mentors helped you or not, and mark them accordingly.
- Second, there are some bugs in the current system. The class system was completely revamped a short time ago, and some bugs are still being worked out. Please be patient.
- Third, here's how the system is *supposed* to work:
- Characters who desire to help new players declare themselves as Mentors.
- When new players join a realm within the first few days of starting their account, they are supposed to be given the choice of becoming Students. This gives both the students and the mentors some special messaging options to easily contact each other.
- The mentor is supposed to teach the new students a specific set of things to help them get started in the the game.
- When the student has learned what they are supposed to learn, they leave the Student subclass. They are supposed to get some kind of link or special page to allow them to rate the mentors. The better the rating, the more "mentor points" the mentor gets.
- Mentors can trade mentor points for little "goodies", like a bit of extra gold, or some extra hours in their time pool.
- Mentors are supposed to go out of their way to help new players. That's really the whole purpose of the subclass. If they don't, then they don't get mentor points, and they get no bonus out of being a mentor.
- If a particular mentor isn't being very helpful, then try to contact one of the other mentors in the realm, if there are any. You can send your mentor an OOC message asking for help. Or send a message to the whole realm asking for help. You'll almost certainly get a couple volunteers willing to help you out, then you can exchange private messages with those players to get what you need.
- --Indirik 15:53, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
Well, what are they? My remade account has gone to it's 22nd day in game and my characters can not yet switch to the Hero class yet they can switch to the Trader class. When I last played BM this was certainly not the case. When I brought it to the D-list, everyone was like "hmm.. maybe you should pu that on the bugtracker". So I did that and got the case "resolved" with a message from Timothy saying "this isn't a bug, you're new" etc etc
So. I think it's very important to have these things listed om this page so that people like me don't go and make a huge fuss about it and piss people off who eventually piss me off in return. -- ShaneO 01:50, 21 October 2010 (CEST)
- There's a (small) honour/prestige requirement. I think it's 10/6, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure if you look around, you can find them. I think there's a page named "Class requirements" or "restrictions" or something that does a decent job at mentioning them. But this is all off memory, haven't checked in quite a while. -Chénier 17:23, 21 October 2010 (CEST)