From the ashes of the old order of Taith Aenil, Aenilia has risen like the flaming phoenix of mythology, reborn and renewed with vigor and vitality. She is located at the center of the Far East and home to the Magna Aenilia Ecclesia, the continent's largest religion. Although a secular monarchy in nature--a clear distinction from the theocracy of her predecessor--Aenilia's official religion is dedicated to the protection, preservation, worship and glorification of the Aenil. She has often been seen as the buffer zone between the historical northern and southern factions, which in turn has seen the realm involved in practically all of the major conflicts of the Far East.
The full beginning stages of Greater Aenilia can be viewed here.
- Co-Founder and First King of Greater Aenilia who stepped down from his office to allow the first free elections to take place; he did not run again for office.
- Second King of Greater Aenilia who committed suicide in a fit of madness after leading the realm astray with hasty political decisions.
- Co-Founder and Third King of Greater Aenilia; he is also the Prophet of the Magna Aenilia Ecclesia, the official religion of Greater Aenilia. He re-organised the realm of Aenilia into an Empire and oversaw significant expansion in territorial holdings. Orphaea styled himself as the Emperor of Greater Aenilia.
- Co-founder, first and fourth King of Greater Aenilia; elected for a second term after the disappearance of the Emperor Orphaea which thereby resulted in the end of his long reign. Brought an end to the Empire, and re-organised the realm into a Kingdom. Luyten styles himself as the High King of Greater Aenilia.
- The longest standing General in Aenilia's history, Tharion was named as the fifth King of Greater Aenilia. Tharion seeks to reignite the old ways of the realm with a renewed dedication to the study and worship of the Aenil. In light of this he was awarded the rank of Cardinal within the Magna Aenilia Ecclesia. The Phoenix, the Mark chosen by Arella upon the creation of Greater Aenilia, will once again be raised on the banners of the realm. Many see this as the first step in reaching for Aenilian's roots while others are bound to see such a thing as a direct challenge to the views of previous Kings.
- Well-known as a reckless and daring commander, sometimes willing to face insurmountable odds in battle, Xarnelf was chosen as Aenilia's sixth ruler after Tharion's untimely leave. As the sole remaining member of Aenilia from the time of Taith Aenil, Xarnelf has seen the rise and fall of empires and realms throughout the Far East. As such, he hopes to bring further stability and prosperity to Aenilia so that she may remain strong throughout the future ages. Xarnelf views himself as the Paladin-King of Aenilia, ready to defend her from all foes to his dying breath.
Aenilia is a constitutional monarchy, with the rights of the nobles being protected by law, and the primary governing and advisory body is the Aenilic House of Lords. Customarily, this House consists of all the High Council members of the realm along with every landed lord in the realm, as well as all Marshals of the respective armies. During the reign of High King Luyten, however, the re-organisation of the Aenilic House of Lords has led to the inclusion of other nobles, added as honorary members due to their admirable service to the realm.
The governmental structure of the Aenilia provides for the institution of the King of Aenilia and his High Council. Whilst being above the landed nobility of the realm, the High Council functions in tandem with the Aenilic House of Lords in handling the day-to-day affairs of executive and legislative governance within the realm. The king therefore, whilst retaining all the powers of the reigning monarch and holding the final say on all decisions, can be termed appropriately as the leader of the House who directs the introduction and flow of issues concerning the governance of the realm, but respects, and is often understood to make his decisions in consultation and with the assent of, the other Lords.
However, hierarchy in the House derives from position in the realm; therefore to maintain the line of succession the Duke of Idapur, as lord of the capital city, holds the title of First Lord of the Aenilic House of Lords and is in a position to rule the realm in the High Council's stead if all other council members are incapacitated. Below the First Lord comes the Second, who is the Duke of Nahad, while the remainder of the House are assigned seniority by time served; however, they possess no other determining rank apart from their seat within the House. Outside the High Council and the Aenilic House of Lords, all nobles are protected by law to express their individual opinions concerning any governmental action, and should the direction of either the High Council or the Aenilic House of Lords find public disagreement, a two-thirds majority may overturn the decision. The Aenilic House of Lords also acts as the High Court of the realm.
Under the guidance of High King Tharion, a new governmental council, namely the Foreign Affairs Council, has been promoted to work in conjunction with the Aenilic House of Lords. This body is open to the general public, regardless of rank, title, or age, and serves to allow free discussion between both the Lords and the Knights of the realm.
The diplomacy of Aenilia has often encompassed a myriad of different angles and positions, from peaceful negotiation to forceful and sometimes aggressive diplomacy. Towards the end of the reign of the Emperor Orphaea, Aenilic diplomacy tended more towards forceful and direct diplomacy through political and military involvement. However, with the end of the Empire and a return to a Constitutional Monarchy, a new doctrine which encompasses a far more measured approach mandated by the Aenilic House of Lords has seen its first use under the reign of High King Luyten. Then, during High King Tharion's term, the Foreign Affairs Council began to find a greater voice in regards to Aenilia's public diplomatic stance. Imperial Paladin Xarnelf intends to continue this tradition of seeking advisement from the Foreign Affairs Council, in addition to the customary Aenilic House of Lords.
The Aenilic military is one which has shown time and time again that they should be reckoned as a decisive force. A combination of elite, core infantry, disciplined and dedicated knights, and a resounding belief in their own ability has seen Aenilia fight hard and successfully over a number of battlefields. In many cases the downright unpredictability of some elements of the army has proved most devastating to their enemies. Although infantry have always been the backbone of Aenilic might, recent times have seen a resurgence of massive units of archers, who have been known to single-handedly rout fortified defenders without the customary protection of an infantry wall.
The Aenilic justice system is based upon the decisions of the Lord High Chancellor. Many of the laws revolve around maintaining the honor of the nobles, the realm, and the Faith. Due to Aenilia's violent history involving Taith Aenil, a higher standard of behavior is enforced; yet it seeks not to inhibit the rights of any noble within the realm. If a noble who is punished for his or her actions wishes to appeal the decision and charges of the Lord High Chancellor, then that noble must formally submit such a request to the Aenilic House of Lords, whose members will then decide upon the issue at hand. Should an absolute majority of the Lords of the House reach a decision in favor of the noble in question, the Lord High Chancellor must comply with their decision and dismiss any charges as outlined by the Aenilic House of Lords.
Aenilia's first newspaper stopped running because the editor, Luyten Dell, had more pressing responsibilities to which he had to attend.
Aenilia's second newspaper is no longer active due to the editor, Kazuma Shenron, disappearing from the Far East.