Church of Humanity
"A Church of Humanity knight is truly fearless and secure on every side,
for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
He is thus doubly-armed, and need fear neither daimon nor man."
|Church of Humanity|
Hoc Signo Tuetur Pius, Hoc Signo Vincitur Inimicus
Victus Draco Tanos
|Far Eastern Ecclesiarchy|
Grand Cleric Ecclesiast
Ordo Fraternum Templarii
| Grand Master Maedros Iltaran |
IntroductionEastralis, was founded with a weak structure, designed to keep the Church small and with little authority over doctrine and observance of the Faith. However, this led to the near-collapse of the Church and it underwent something of an internal reformation as more hard-line priests took leadership from the lay Ecclesiarchy.
Followers are instructed to follow the 12 Tenets, while Noble adherents of Holy Church are also expected to pledge themselves to the Church's Code of Chivalry. The Church believes in a grand Divine Power, the Creator of the world and all the Cosmos by shaping it with the Holy Light, a Power that guides and helps us when we are in need, protects us from Evil and is ready to teach us when we are ready to listen and be Enlightened. This Power, this deity, has been bestowed the name of the Divine by the current Ecclesiarchy of the Church.
The Church acknowledges that the Divine may take a form appropriate to each individual and as per Its Will. While a grizzled veteran of many wars may see an armored god wielding a sword, another may see a mighty dragon or a even a goddess of beauty. Be it a single monotheistic Maker or a polytheistic pantheon, all are projections of the same Divine. Many members of the Church have had encounters with the Divine via visions or sudden impacts of inspiration, often reporting seeing something different to what another member had seen. The Church wishes its members to worship the Divine, by any name they choose, while following the 12 Tenets. It is the belief of the clergy that it is not up to mankind to dictate how the Almighty Divine can and cannot appear to mortals.
The 12 Tenets
1. The Faithful shall seek religious inspiration.
2. The Faithful shall base their beliefs on personal experience & the counsel of Holy Church's Clerics; do not follow false prophets blindly.
3. Treat all Nobles with honor, respect, and dignity; even those who stray from the Divine's Holy Light for they have been misled by false priests.
4. Take action to diminish suffering, advance the well-being of Humanity.
5. The resources placed on this world belong to the Divine and must be protected from waste, heathens, and the Darkness.
6. Make a regular practice of religious activities (eg. prayer, confession).
7. Honor those that came before us and remember those who will benefit from your actions and faith.
8. Defend the Tenets and those who adhere to them.
9. Protect the weak, the innocent and the helpless in the Divine's name.
10. Spread guidance to all those who believe.
11. Oppose and vanquish any Evil that you see.
12. Improve the Tenets as Divine inspiration leads you and through consultation with the Ecclesiarchy of Holy Church.
Holy Church asserts that all Nobles be adherents of Order and Righteousness, following the Church's mandated Code of Chivalry. Faithful Nobles must hold the values of integrity, loyalty, faith and honour above all else. Through spiritual worship and honour, Nobles will be guided to make right decisions within their lives and those of their serfs.
All commoners who follow the Holy Light as presented through the Church of Humanity are expected to obey the Tenets, honor all Nobles, render service to their lords and realm, and defend those who cannot defend themselves against Abominations.
Followers of any interpretation of the Divine are accepted into the embrace of Holy Church, so long as they hold dear the Tenets and the Code while accepting the authority and doctrine of Holy Church.
Generally, full membership of Holy Church is divided between the Priests who devote their lives to spreading the Faith by word, the Templars and Paladins who defend Holy Church and fellow Followers from all Evil, and the Oathsworn who have taken the Oath of Faith and pledged themselves fully to Holy Church.
- Ordo Fraternum Templarii
- Ordo Sancte Proelium
|Ecclesia Humanitas - The Church of Humanity|
|Doctrine||The Divine ✧ Oath of Faith ✧ Magni Peregrinatio ✧ Prayers and Benedictions ✧ Sacrosatictuni Scrinium - Saints & Martyrs ✧ Virtues & Vices ✧ Other Faiths|| |
|Organization||Territorial and Titular Hierarchy ✧ Holy Crusades - The Divine Calls ✧ Temples of the Divine ✧ Vestments of Clerics and Templars|
|History and Sermons||The Refounding ✧ Texts of the Heroic Age ✧ Sermons ✧ Documents of the Unholy War of Eastralis|
|Orders Militant||Ordo Fraternum Templarii - The Templar Order ✧ Ordo Sancte Proelium - Order of Holy Battle|