The Church of Teros
- There are values of which should never be forgotten,
- and should be the very basis for all of your actions,
- in this way you serve me. In all that you do seek
- Obedience, Strength, Loyalty, and Devotion. For a
- follower to break an oath is a most heinous thing,
- live true to your word and you will prosper. Both in
- this life in Clatharia and in your eternal life in
- -- Teros in The Teachings of Teros
- Protect the Church
- Destroy those who would harm the Church
- Destroy those who would attack the Followers
- Live for Strength
- Live for Obedience
- Live for Loyalty
- Defend and live by your Word
- One must live within the shadow of Teros, so that you may be prepared to fight the Light.
- The shadow on Clatharia has many names, all of which are only a part of the whole. Loyalty, Virtue, Honesty, Respect, they are all the shadow. Live within it and the Light shall never stand before you.
- The Coming of Teros
- The Teachings of Teros
- Symbol of the Church
- Tales of Legend
- Records of The Slayer Family (Sealed by the Church)
- Crostin's Personal Diary (Sealed by the Church)
- Light and Dark
- The Call to Dwilight
In the world of Clatharia there are many religions which Teros himself has taught us to be wrong. Many religions are merely misinterpretations of the true universe, seeing more or less Gods where there are the five, and giving them incorrect titles and names. Nearly all these other so-called gods are simply those who have not discovered The Truth attempting to make sense of this world, Clatharia. Those gods, however misnamed, and their followers, are still bound by The Eventuality, whether they recognize this or not. The followers of Light cannot live with the followers of Dark, such is the way of things, and the Church will take the war which rages in Dwilight unto Clatharia, and if necessary, take up the sword to send the Light unto the Army of Teros.
The Truth is best described in the following way:
The Truth is not tested in schools, The Truth cannot be pass'd from one having it to another not having it, The Truth is of the soul, is not susceptible of proof, is its own proof. -- Crostin's Personal Diary
The Truth is quite much like wisdom. Those who follow Teros are inheritantly aware of it, although not always at a conscious level. Those who have 'reached' The Truth are able to tell whether or not others have with a mere glance, as a wise man can tell another wise man from a fool.
The Lady of Water
The Lady of Light
The ladies are always attempting to overthrow Teros and his Marshal, and in the beginning they had the advantage, but what once was true is now only history. Time crumbles things; everything grows old under the power of Time and is forgotten through the lapse of Time. It is Time that increases Teros power. Time, part of the very nature of Teros.
- Worshipers of Teros' Avatar.
|First Temple||(Island, Realm)